SBI has released notification regarding SBI PO recruitment 2017. The application process for applying begins from 7th February 2017. All the eligible candidates have to register themselves by going through official SBI website. Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register on-line for the Recruitment Process. The examination will be held in two phases preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for the Main Examination, and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Exercises & Interview.
Prospective candidates will have to apply to after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process
of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed
application fee/ intimation charges, the pattern of examination, issuance of call letters, etc. and ensure that they
fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
Important Dates for SBI PO 2017 is as follows.
- On-line registration including Edit/Modification of 07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017 Application by candidates
- Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination 15-04-2017
- Online Preliminary Examination 29-04-17 & 30-04-17, 6-05-17 & 07-05-17
- Result of online Exam 17-05-2017
- Download Admit card for SBI main exam 22-05-2017
- Mains exam date 04-06-2017
- Declaration of results 19-06-17
- Download call letter for interview 26-06-2017
ELIGIBLITYCRITERIA FOR SBI PO 2017:-
(A) Essential Academic Qualifications: (AS ON 01.07.2017)
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by
the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply
provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed
the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate
should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates possessing qualification of
Chartered Accountant may also apply.
(1) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPAis awarded, the same should be converted into the percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional /additional optional subject if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55.
Total Number of Vacancies for SBI PO 2017.
- SC 347
- ST 350
- OBC 606
- GENERAL 1010
- TOTAL 2313
Lastly, I would like to state that “Cracking a competitive exam is more about strategy and planning than sheer hard-work.”
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR SBI PO 2017.